I LOVE PANCAKES! Who’s with me? There is nothing better than a massive stack of pancakes after a long run, or just on a lazy weekend morning. My Mum and sister love these pancakes too – they always ask me to make them!
These pancakes are gluten-free and can easily be made vegan by using more milk instead of the egg. I always add protein powder, which also makes them perfect as a post-workout pancakes, but you could just add extra oats instead!
1 Egg (optional – replace with extra almond milk if you don’t eat eggs)
50g of oats
1 Scoop of protein powder (I always use Sunwarrior Vegan Protein)
1 tsp cinnamon
A pinch of salt
100ml of Almond milk, but adjust with the mixture
Coconut oil, for cooking
- Put the banana, oats, milk, egg, protein powder, cinnamon and salt into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- *If you want to make Chocolate Pancakes, add 1 tbsp to the mixture before cooking.*
- On a medium heat, melt some coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the mixture using a tablespoon to make small pancakes.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. You should know when to flip them when small bubbles appear on the uncooked surface.
- Once they are all cooked, create a stack and top with your favourites – yoghurt, berries, coconut, nut butter, etc.